- Connect serial devices remotely by ethernet
- 2 ports - operate an attached RS422/485 device and an RS232 device
- Virtual serial driver, utility and sample source software included
- Transmit RS422/485 data at distances up to 4,000 feet (1,219 m)
- 4-wire full duplex (RS422) or 2-wire half duplex (RS485) operation
- Serial baud rates up to 230.4 KBaud
- LED status of Power, Link, transmit and receive
- ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, HTTP, DHCP protocols supported.
- 32KB of buffer memory and 5K bytes per second throughput
- External power supply included
The adapter turns a serial device into remote connected ethernet client.
RS-422/485 - signal levels meet or exceed the Recommended Standards. The RS-232C side mates directly with a PC serial port. This makes the adapters an ideal solution for connecting external RS-485/422 equipment to operate as a client of your network.
The adapter acts as a remote RS-232C and/or RS-485/422 device on an ethernet. No specific software modifications are required to operate with off-the-shelf applications that use the serial communications port for I/O. The user sets the included virtual serial device driver up on a PC then selects what comport to control to match the application software for the attached serial device during the setup process. In RS-485 mode, the data direction is changed on the adapter automatically.
Easy to Use
Shipped ready for installation. Setup is performed with a web browser (no jumpers to set) and a user's manual is included on disk.